Monday, June 4, 2012

Introduction

I've created this blog to share my experiences of past and future battles which includes three decades of modeling miniature terrain and running dozens of war games.

Since this is my first log entry, I'll start by sharing the types of war games I enjoy playing along with respective rules:
  • Modern era military (Force on Force)
  • Star Trek (Custom rules)
  • Star Wars (Tomorrow's War)
  • Aliens/Predator (Custom rules and Tomorrow's War)
  • Sci-Fi (Tomorrow's War)


In honor of the title of this blog, I'll start with one of my favorite creations: Aliens Miniature Battles.  With the help of several friends, we created a custom rule set (note the colored dowels - range markers) which worked well with the original Leading Edge ALIENS 25mm miniatures and a custom built layout that includes five 2'x4' boards. 

I built the terrain using 2" thick styrofoam for the base boards and cave walls.  With a little help from spackle, paint and gravel ballast, it was transformed into a mining colony with an Alien infestation that returned year after year at our local convention.  Players enjoyed the integration of motion trackers and cover fire which were represented by poker chips.  To add to the suspense, the players had to explore the mine in order to reveal hidden sections as shown in the picture below. 




 I'll share more pictures in my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment